Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review: Fic: Why Fanfiction is Taking Over the World

Fic: Why Fanfiction is Taking Over the World Fic: Why Fanfiction is Taking Over the World by Anne Jamison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Some parts of this book intrigued me more than others, but overall, I found it interesting, fun to read, and helpful. I initially read it more so for fun and to help me get ideas for my own fanfic work, but some of it will also be helpful for my dissertation writing. I learned a lot about the history of fan fiction and fandom in general. Fan fiction writing used to be in the form of Zines, which I very much want to look at. Since I now write Buffy fan fiction myself, I particularly enjoyed that part of the book. I do think fan fiction will continue to influence the literary and popular culture worlds, so this book is an important one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment