Sunday, June 12, 2016

Review: Arts, Media, and Justice: Multimodal Explorations with Youth

Arts, Media, and Justice: Multimodal Explorations with Youth Arts, Media, and Justice: Multimodal Explorations with Youth by Lalitha Vasudevan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book for one of the Red Clay Writing Project Summer Institute book groups and found it helpful for both my research and teaching interests. I have a better understanding of concepts surrounding image theory and photography as a result of reading this text, which carries over into my passion for comics and graphic novels. I also learned a lot about the benefits of using fan fiction and social media in classroom settings, particularly those involving writing. Because of my drama background, I also appreciated the theater chapters, although I thought they got a little bit repetitive toward the end. Overall, I was impressed with the book and hope K-12 teachers and university professors alike will read it. I can't wait to hear what the rest of my book group thought of it. These topics of arts education and social justice are so important and timely.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment