Sunday, January 1, 2017

Review: The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children

The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children The Writer's Guide to Crafting Stories for Children by Nancy Lamb
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book for a two-day course I am taking this March about how to write children's literature (including middle grades and YA novels). I found it to be very helpful. It's definitely a "how to" book rather than a theory book on the topic, which is what I needed. I wrote a draft of a middle grades fantasy novel several years ago, and I wish I had read this book first. I think I would have done a much better job with the draft of my first attempt at a middle grades novel if I had read this advice first. It's a great book for people who are relatively new to writing in this genre. Also, the author recommends mentor texts as well as books that offer more advice on craft.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment