Saturday, August 20, 2016

Review: Vivian Apple at the End of the World

Vivian Apple at the End of the World Vivian Apple at the End of the World by Katie Coyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A cross between John Green's Paper Towns and the Veronica Mars TV series with a post-apocalyptic plot, so I was interested and read it very quickly. I think it's an important book to read during today's political times, and it was very thought provoking for me. There were a few small issues I had with the plot, but overall, I really enjoyed this book. It's edgy, but in a good way, and it definitely has a feminist flare to it, which of course appeals to me. It also reminds me of the TV show Angel in some ways, particularly Season 4. It's thoughtfully critical of capitalism gone wrong and religious fanaticism. This book is dark, but also spunky, so teenagers and adults who love YA alike will really appreciate it. A worthwhile read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment