Saturday, August 13, 2016

Review: All American Boys

All American Boys All American Boys by Jason Reynolds
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! Just wow! I read many books and love many books, but there are only so many that move me to tears and cause me to look at the world in a different way. This book is one of them! It raises so many important issues, such as police brutality and racism, and in a very moving and powerful way. The writing is lyrical, and both of the main characters are wonderful. It's the first book we're reading in Dr. Kajder's and my YA literature class this fall, and I'm so excited to hear what the students have to say about it. Really, this is "that book" that you need to drop everything and read, like, yesterday. Did you love John Lewis's March graphic novel series? Well, then you'll love this book even more. Read it. You'll be glad you did, whether or not you are a YA literature fan, and it will change your life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment