Friday, April 22, 2016

Review: I Am Princess X

I Am Princess X I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was a fun action/mystery story that combined traditional fiction and comic/graphica forms, and I enjoyed reading it. May and Libby reminded me of myself as a kid, and I appreciated their creative friendship. It was refreshing to read a story about adolescent characters that focused on hobbies, family, and friendships more so than romance. There was a little bit of chemistry between Trick and May and the potential for their friendship to evolve into something more over time, but it didn't become the central focus of the novel. I would be interested to read a stand-alone graphic novel version of the Princess X story, as I loved her character. The plot of this novel was intriguing, and it definitely picked up toward the end, and I couldn't put it down. I want to read more of Cherie Priests's fiction now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment