Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Review: In the After

In the After In the After by Demitria Lunetta
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I thought this book was a very good YA Dystopian novel with messages related to feminism, ecology, and politics. Amy Harris is an excellent strong female protagonist, and I already look forward to reading the sequel to this novel. My cousin got it for me for Christmas last year, and it was the perfect gift for me. The novel is fast-paced and gripping, but it also has important messages about conformity, politics, ecology, and human relationships. Teenagers and adults like me who read YA alike will love this novel. My only warning: since the book has elements of mystery/horror, it might not be the best book to read late at night if you live by yourself. If you do, perhaps make a warm cup of hot chocolate to go with it. :) Personally, I think this novel would be a great movie. I would go to see it in a heartbeat.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment