Thursday, December 28, 2017

Review: Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Slayer, Interrupted

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Slayer, Interrupted Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Slayer, Interrupted by Scott Lobdell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've already read the first Buffy Omnibus series book that features these comics volumes; however, I wanted to read this collection to focus on the part of Buffy's narrative in which she goes to the mental hospital after her (mis)adventures with Pike and Dawn reading her diary. To me, these volumes made interesting statements about the power of imagination and metaphor as shown in the Buffyverse. (Ex: blood = family, vampires = peers, high school = Hell, slaying = ending youth). I was also fascinated by the Alice in Wonderland scene, as I haven't seen the film in years but remember it well. I'll leave it there for now, as I have writing ideas about this volume, but I found it fascinating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment