Sunday, November 13, 2016

Review: Black Widow: Forever Red

Black Widow: Forever Red Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked this book, but I thought it hit a slow period in the middle. Toward the end, the momentum picked back up, and I really liked the way it closed out. The story definitely started out strong, and I found Natasha Romanoff intriguing as a character. I would have liked more character development, although I realize it was meant to be more of a plot-driven novel. I think I would have cared more about the two teen protagonists if I had known more about them, although I know some of the mystery behind them was intentional. In that regard, I think shortening the book would have helped the story arc. I also think it would have been more effective as a graphic novel. I would have enjoyed seeing the action scenes out in front of me, and it would have been visually engaging, I think. I also believe it could potentially be a good film. Overall, I think it was a worthwhile read, but know going into it that it is more plot-based and entertaining, but without a lot of character analysis or depth.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment