Friday, September 23, 2016

Review: The Edge of Everything

The Edge of Everything The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a huge fan of this book and think that everyone who loves YA, Horror, Fantasy, Fairy Tales, and Young Love books should read it. It's gripping like a horror story, and you fall in love with the characters, who are realistic and believable. Also, I love how it switches back and forth between X's and Zoe's perspective, and as a teacher, I think all readers will appreciate it and relate to the characters. Jeff Giles is apparently a big Peter Jackson/Lord of the Rings fan, and it shows; this book actually reminded me a bit of the Lord of the Rings narrative, only set in the present day. Also, it explores parental relationships in a complex way, and only so many YA novels really do that well. (Sarah Dessen's The Truth About Forever is another novel that does a good job of this, but I've only found so many). This novel actually doesn't come out until January, but lucky me, I got an Advanced Reader's copy! It's awesome, and enjoyable to read, so put it on your Goodreads and/or Amazon wish list now!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment