Friday, October 2, 2015

Review: Wytches, Vol. 1

Wytches, Vol. 1 Wytches, Vol. 1 by Scott Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book! I have enjoyed reading horror stories since I was a kid, and this comic turned graphic novel combined two of my literary passions, horror stories and comics. I read it for the graphic novel book club of Avid Bookshop in Athens, Georgia, and I'm so glad I did. It had fantasy and gothic elements to it, in addition to in depth character analysis and deeper themes of self-awareness, so I was hooked from beginning to end. I was frightened at times, but in the best possible way. Really, the scariest "Wytches" are our own insecurities and our demons within, and this story conveyed that point so well. Also, the art work was amazing, and the dialogue was captivating. I definitely recommend this book and hope to read the other volumes. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment