Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Review: Bitter Medicine: A Graphic Memoir of Mental Illness

Bitter Medicine: A Graphic Memoir of Mental Illness Bitter Medicine: A Graphic Memoir of Mental Illness by Clem Martini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was definitely an interesting read, and it will help me with a current project I am doing on comics that represent mental health issues. It definitely makes important statements of how traditional healthcare sometimes fails people with mental health issues. What I found uplifting about the book is how much the family support mattered to Liv and how his connections to his family truly saved him. Also, I loved how Clem did the writing and Liv did the drawings. Artistic collaborations between people who truly love each other make for great work. This is definitely worth reading!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment