Monday, August 17, 2015

Review: Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America

Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America by Melissa V. Harris-Perry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book really, really impressed me! It made me think, and it will make me think for days about issues that face women, particularly African-American women, in this country. I'm so glad I read it. I believe it will help me with my comprehensive exams and with my dissertation. Melissa V. Harris-Perry is an active Unitarian Universalist, and I currently attend the UU Fellowship in Athens, so I am interested to learn more about her life story and her work. I appreciate her emphasis on activism and thoughtful examination of gender, religious, and political issues in this book. I was amazed with this book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment