Thursday, February 8, 2018

Review: Angel & Faith: Family Reunion

Angel & Faith: Family Reunion Angel & Faith: Family Reunion by Christos Gage
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this volume, and it's been my favorite of this series so far. Willow is my favorite female character from Buffy, so I was glad to see her reappear, even if only for a short while. Faith's complicated thought process gets a glimpse, although she's clearly changed. I know not all fans feel this way, but I've always loved Connor as a character, so I loved the interaction between Father and Son. A part of me wishes they could be closer, but I know that Angel wants to keep Connor safe and to give him a chance to live a relatively normal, fulfilling life. This volume had some great extended metaphors about revisiting the demons of our past, both literal and metaphorical. I am not sure how I feel about Angel's quest, but apparently, the next volume will teach us more about Giles, so I am excited about it. I loved the bonus material in this volume because it gave more backstory behind Angel as Twilight and his history with Whistler. Definitely a worthwhile read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment