Sunday, September 17, 2017

Review: The Gallery of Unfinished Girls

The Gallery of Unfinished Girls The Gallery of Unfinished Girls by Lauren Karcz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I would recommend this book to all lovers of Young Adult fiction with strong female protagonists and twists of magic. Lauren Karcz's writing style is lyrical and engaging, and Mercedes is a narrator whom you will instantly love. Every character in the story plays a vital role, and Mercedes's friends and family remind me of people who I know in my own life. I loved how the novel was not only about Mercedes's coming of age adolescence period, but also about her growth as an artist. The main character's voice is one that we need in diverse YA literature. Also, the choice of writing the novel in present tense is an effective one that is appropriate for the genre and the plot line. Read this lovely story of art, love, and friendship ASAP!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment