Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1 Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1 by Joss Whedon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was perfect for getting me through the busy "end of the semester" period in December and for keeping me entertained on a long flight to the Caribbean. And to top it all off, I finished it on the beach today! Many of my favorite Buffy characters showed up in this book. I got to learn more about Rupert Giles, Spike, and Angel, all of whom I loved! It was fun to see how Buffy and Pike's relationship moved forward (and then, well, didn't) after the movie that I watched way back in the day with one of my babysitters. The artwork in this book is amazing, and the artists really bring the TV show characters to life. Also, I learned more of the back story of Buffy's family and the school fire incident that the show often referred to. I am nearing the end of Season 4 in terms of watching the TV show, so I can't wait to learn more about Giles's dark and twisted past. I'll have to get the Season 8 and Season 9 Buffy comics when I am done watching the show. I can't wait for Buffy Omnibus Volume 2, and eventually for the Angel Omnibus comics! Buffy paved the way for some of the currently emerging female superheroes, in my opinion, so I love reading about her past. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment